Liposuction General Overview
Duration of Intervention
Return to Social Life
Return to Work
Sports Activity Recovery
Average Pain After 3 Days
*Pain rating scale: from 0 = absence to 5 maximum pain
Patients who do not have obesity problems but have regional body fat, can have liposuction to have these fats removed and get into a better shape. Liposuction has become one of the most popular treatments in the last few years.
Liposuction should not be mistaken for a weight loss treatment. It is an aesthetical procedure that gives a better shape to the body by removing excess fat.
In which body parts can liposuction be applied?
The body parts liposuction applied can be listed as follows. Even though there is a wide selection of body parts, it is always recommended to have a strict sports regimen in order to have a more successful results with liposuction.
- Abdomen (belly)
- Inner and outer thigh
- Inner knee
- Upper arm
- Breast (Female and male)
Why is liposuction performed?
- For those who have regional excess fat (especially hips, abdomen, knees), it is a very beneficial procedure to get into a better shape.
- For those male patients who have gynecomastia
- After lifting surgeries such as breast, neck, arm lifting in order to remove excess fat.
How is liposuction performed? What are the techniques?
In liposuction, body fat is liquefied by special equipments in order to be removed by very small millimetric incisions.
There are some differences between the methods applied in liposuction. The first of these methods is the classical method called “Wet Technique” or “Tumescent Liposuction”. Recently developed techniques that provide a better results are “Ultrasonic (Vaser) Liposuction” and “Laser Liposuction (Laser Lipolysis)“.
The difference of laser liposuction from original wet liposuction is that the fat is taken after being broken apart by laser. In vaser liposuction, these fat areas are broken apart and then removed from the body using ultrasonic sound waves. With the sound waves used in the vaser liposuction technique, only the fats are targeted, so the possibility of damaging other crucial tissues, pain, bruising and swelling that can be seen after the operation is kept at minimum.
Due to these advantages, the most preferred method is vaser liposuction, namely ultrasonic liposuction.
Healing process after liposuction
It is important for your comfort to stay in the hospital for 1 night after the operation. Healing process depends on the difficulty of the operation. As the number of liposuction applied areas increases, the healing process may prolong. Recovery time of a relatively subtle intervention is undoubtedly shorter.
A compression corset should be used for 1 month after liposuction. The healing process takes nearly 4-8 weeks. There are no scars left after 2 months. You can start light physical activities in approximately 4-8 days after surgery. Patient should avoid physical activities that would require physical effort for 4 weeks, including sexual intercourse. In order to see the final result, patient should wait approximately 6 months.
Hi-def liposuction is actually a liposuction method. In this technique, the fats are removed and the connections of the fats with the muscles are made more distinctive and superficial. In other words, surgeon makes curves and small bumps with body fat which creates a muscular look as a result.
Hi-def liposculpture can be done with different liposuction techniques. Vaser hi-def, laser hi-def or classical method. In such cases the device is not the first thing to consider, the most important rule is to choose an experienced surgeon.
What areas can you liposuction?
- Abdomen: Hi-def liposuction is mostly applied to the abdominal area. It is used quite frequently in the making of abdominal muscles, also known as six packs. Depending on the patient’s current situation, six packs, four packs, two packs, and sometimes only the highlighting and shadow lines can be done.
- Back: With hi-def liposuction, highlighting of the back line, forming the latissimus dorsi muscle.
- Breasts: High definition liposuction can be performed to make the pectoral muscle line more obvious and to give the pectoral muscle a boost. If the patient has gynecomastia, it can be treated with liposuction.
- Arms: For arms hi-def liposuction can be very useful in terms of highlighting the muscles such as triceps, biceps and deltoids, by clearing the excess fat around the muscle and leaving just a little amount to make them look more swollen.
- Upper Leg (Thigh): This liposculpture is rather rare comparing with other parts of the body. It can be useful to make the thighs looks more muscular and thicker.
Table of Contents
- In which body parts can liposuction be applied?
- Why is liposuction performed?
- How is liposuction performed? What are the techniques?
- Healing process after liposuction
- Hi-Def Liposuction
- What areas can you liposuction?
- Liposuction Before-After Results
- Liposuction Cost
- Liposuction Reviews
- Liposuction Questions
- Is it possible to remove fat from any part of my body?
- What would be the maximum amount of fat removed with liposuction?
- Does liposuction leave scars?
- Can fat return after liposuction?
- What happens if I gain weight after my Hi-Def liposuction?
- Is Hi-Def liposuction different for women?
- What is the difference between Lipoplasty, Liposculpture, Liposhaping and Liposuction?
- What type of anesthesia is used?
- Is liposuction a risky operation, what are the chances of death or fat embolism?
- What is the main difference between vaser and classical liposuction?
- What are the differences between hi-def and vaser liposuction?
- Who can get hi-def liposuction?
One of our patient coordinators will sincerely answer any questions you want to ask about Liposuction. Liposuction details, cost, reviews from other patients who performed Liposuction surgery in Turkey before and results. Do not hesitate to ask all you want to know about Liposuction surgery.
Liposuction Before-After Results
Some of those who has preferred TravelMEDI to have a new beginning to their life by having a Liposuction procedure in Istanbul, Turkey.
Cost of Liposuction operation depending on various factors. Such as the liposuction technique (ultrasonic -vaser-, laser or classical), number of liposuction areas, the experience of the doctor who will perform the Liposuction operation, and the hospital equipment. In the table below, you can see the comparison of the price of Liposuction operation between Turkey and other countries (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Spain, Poland, Mexico).
|Country||Cost of Liposuction|
|Turkey||$1000 - $5000|
|United States of America||$2200 - $20000|
|United Kingdom||$2400 - $18000|
|Czech Republic||$2500 - $7500|
|Poland||$2200 - $6000|
|Mexico||$1750 - $7500|
|Italy||$2750 - $8500|
As can be seen price comparison table Liposuction operation cost in Turkey starting from $1000 and it's 60% more economical comparing with the prices in USA, United Kingdom and Europe. The cost of plastic surgery in Turkey is lower than in the UK, USA and Europe, but the low operating costs does not mean that the quality of medical service is low quality. For this reason Liposuction one of most popular surgery in Turkey and nearly 40.000 Liposuction surgeries are performed in a year.
The main reasons why patients choose Turkey to have Liposuction surgery:
- All Inclusive Package Price: The most important criteria that people who want to have a Liposuction operation look for and want in terms of price is clarity. Turkey has a price advantage compared to Europe, America or UK with its quality treatment, accommodation, transfer services and all-inclusive price. As TravelMEDI, we would like to remind you that within the Liposuction treatment, treatment costs (such as surgeon fee, medication fee, equipment fees, hospital fee, test fee), accommodation fee, transfer fees between the hospital and the hotel or the airport and the hotel are included in the operation price.
- High Level Healthcare System: Turkey was one of the rare countries that did not experience a crisis in the health system even during the pandemic period, because it has large-scale and systematic health institutions (hospitals, number of experienced doctors, private clinics, well-equipped nurses and assistants). As TravelMEDI, we offer our patients the maximum health service at the most affordable prices in cooperation with experienced specialist doctors and highly equipped hospitals.
Reviews of our patients who prefer TravelMEDI for Liposuction operation around the world and their Liposuction experience.
"My experience with TravelMEDI was amazing!!! Berat, the assistant, was so helpful and answered all my questions. And everyone was so nice and helpful. I really love them, I would do it 100 times over."
"All the nurses and staff made me feel comfortable. Everyone was extremely helpful. They knew exactly what they were doing and did it in a timely manner. and they make the process seamless. I can’t describe it better than that. They were all awesome."
"From start to finish excellent, Berat was first class and always on hand if I needed and doctor did an incredible job. She is without doubt highly skilled but also had a great energy about her, I couldn’t recommend them enough."