Femto LASIK is the treatment of myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism with the help of femtosecond laser and excimer laser.
Femtosecond laser is an infrared laser with a wavelength of 1053nm. With this laser the small cap called “flap” is prepared on the upper surface of cornea.
Excimer laser is a laser with a wavelength of 193nm. With this laser the cornea is re-shaped and in this way the light can be reflected in the right way so the patient can see properly – without the need of contact lenses or glasses.
All the post operation stages and follow up sessions are the same as a standard LASIK surgery. As the flap is stable on the cornea surface, after FemtoLASIK patient heals faster than a standard LASIK.
How is Femto LASIK performed?
It consists of 3 stages.
- Analgesic eye drop is used. The eyes are sterilized and a special device called blepharostat to open the eyes wide and keep them open.
- A small opening is made on the cornea which is called “flap” with femtosecond laser and than this flap is elevated. Excimer laser is applied to the inner tissue of cornea to reshape it and the flap is closed back.
- The corneal flap is naturally attached back to its place in one minute. Antibiotic eye drop is applied and the procedure is over.
Who can have Femto LASIK?
- Over the age of 18
- Those who have not experienced any change in their eye prescription
- Those who have prescribed 8,0-10,0 for Myopia and 5,0-6,0 for Hypermetropia and Astigmatism.
- Those who have corneal tomography normal
- Those who have enough thickness of cornea (Usually above 500 micron is necessary.)
Who can not have Femto LASIK?
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Those who have diabetes out of control/irregular
- Those who have Rheumatism (collagen tissue disorder)
- AIDS-HIV positive patients
- Keratoconus patients (too thin and sharp cornea)
- Those who have severe dry eye
- Cataract patients
What are the advantages of Femto LASIK?
Femto LASIK allows us to perform the procedure without any manual incisions. The corneal flap is made with the help of femtosecond laser, therefore the damage is much less and the healing process is shorter.
- The risk of irregular flap by using microkeratome is much less with the femtosecond laser. Even if there occurs an irregularity in the flap, it is possible to re-perform the procedure just 1-2 hours after – whereas with microkeratome the patient should wait 3 months to undergo another procedure.
- The risk of creating any damage in the epithelium (upper surface of cornea) is very low, therefore it is especially recommended to older than 40 years.
- It is possible to pre-design the size and the shape of flap in computer virtually.
- The flap made with femtosecond laser has a thickness of 100microns, that means very low damage to the cornea.
- Healing process of the incision is faster.
How is the healing process after Femto LASIK?
No bangade is applied to eyes, only protective glasses are used. Half an hour after the procedure your doctor checks your eyes for the last time and then you are good to go back to your hotel.
It is very normal to have slight burning, aching, sensitiveness to light exposure for 3-4 hours after Femto LASIK.
You will start to see properly 3 to 4 hours after the procedure. The day after the procedure you will have another check-up with your doctor and then you can return to your social life normally.
It is recommended to use antibiotic & cortisone eye drops and artificial tear drops for 3-6 months.
Table of Contents
- Femto LASIK
- How is Femto LASIK performed?
- Who can have Femto LASIK?
- Who can not have Femto LASIK?
- What are the advantages of Femto LASIK?
- How is the healing process after Femto LASIK?
- Femto LASIK Cost
- Femto LASIK Reviews
- Femto LASIK Questions
- What are the main symptoms of eye disorders?
- Will I have a brand new vision after laser treatment? Is there a possibility of having vision problems again after the treatment?
- Is it painful after laser eye surgery?
- Is it true that laser eye surgeries cause dry eye?
- Is is true that laser can not solve astigmatism?
- Is it possible to have a second laser eye surgery?
- How to decide which laser technique is the best?
One of our patient coordinators will sincerely answer any questions you want to ask about Femto LASIK. Femto LASIK details, cost, reviews from other patients who performed Femto LASIK surgery in Turkey before and results. Do not hesitate to ask all you want to know about Femto LASIK surgery.
Femto LASIK Cost
Cost of Femto LASIK operation depending on various factors. Such as the experience of the doctor who will perform the Femto LASIK operation, and the hospital equipment. In the table below, you can see the comparison of the price of Femto LASIK operation between Turkey and other countries (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Spain, Poland, Mexico).
|Country||Cost of Femto LASIK|
|Turkey||$400 - $800 per eye|
|United States of America||$1000 - $4000 per eye|
|United Kingdom||$1200 - $4800 per eye|
|Czech Republic||$800 - $3200 per eye|
|Poland||$700 - $3000 per eye|
|Mexico||$800 - $3000 per eye|
|Italy||$1250 - $3750 per eye|
As can be seen price comparison table Femto LASIK operation cost in Turkey starting from $400 per eye and it's 60% more economical comparing with the prices in USA, United Kingdom and Europe. The cost of laser eye surgery in Turkey is lower than in the UK, USA and Europe, but the low operating costs does not mean that the quality of medical service is low quality. For this reason Femto LASIK one of most popular surgery in Turkey and nearly 40.000 Femto LASIK surgeries are performed in a year.
The main reasons why patients choose Turkey to have Femto LASIK surgery:
- All Inclusive Package Price: The most important criteria that people who want to have a Femto LASIK operation look for and want in terms of price is clarity. Turkey has a price advantage compared to Europe, America or UK with its quality treatment, accommodation, transfer services and all-inclusive price. As TravelMEDI, we would like to remind you that within the Femto LASIK treatment, treatment costs (such as surgeon fee, medication fee, equipment fees, hospital fee, test fee), accommodation fee, transfer fees between the hospital and the hotel or the airport and the hotel are included in the operation price.
- High Level Healthcare System: Turkey was one of the rare countries that did not experience a crisis in the health system even during the pandemic period, because it has large-scale and systematic health institutions (hospitals, number of experienced doctors, private clinics, well-equipped nurses and assistants). As TravelMEDI, we offer our patients the maximum health service at the most affordable prices in cooperation with experienced specialist doctors and highly equipped hospitals.
Femto LASIK Reviews
Reviews of our patients who prefer TravelMEDI for Femto LASIK operation around the world and their Femto LASIK experience.
I recently consulted TravelMEDI about a myopia treatment. I was really impressed with the team's expertise and knowledge. They were able to provide me with a number of options that suited my needs perfectly.
The femto lasik procedure was performed by the team with great precision and care. The results were excellent, and I now have 20/20 vision without any glasses or contacts. I would definitely recommend TravelMEDI to anyone looking for a myopia treatment that is safe, effective, and affordable.
I suffer from astigmatism and have been considering corrective eye surgery for some time. I was very impressed by the various treatments and procedures that TravelMEDI offers.
iLASIK procedure is by far the most popular option and It's a relatively simple and safe procedure that requires just a few minutes of surgery. Afterward, you can go about your day as normal without any pain or discomfort.
Agata Ó S.
I must say that I'm extremely happy with service I've received. The team is professional and courteous, and they take their time to listen to your concerns and answer all your questions.The cataract treatment I underwent was life-changing. I no longer have to worry about blurry vision or discomfort from wearing glasses. My vision has improved dramatically, and I can finally see clearly without them. I highly recommend TravelMEDI to anyone who is looking for a top-quality