The procedure involves an excimer laser used to reshape your cornea to correct the imperfections in your cornea. Essentially in such cases:
- Advanced astigmatism
- Corneal abberations (An aberration is a distortion acquired by a wavefront of light when it passes through an eye with irregularities of its refractive components)
- Still having vision problems after previous Lasik procedure
- Previous cataract or cornea surgeries
iLASIK in astigmatism treatment
Standard LASIK treatment in advanced astigmatism and corneal aberrations may cause a loss of vision quality after the procedure.
Nowadays, thanks to Wavefront technology, it is possible to analyze these aberrations and transmit all the analysis details into the laser device.
In this way with i-LASIK, it is possible to treath both vision problems such as astigmatism and corneal aberration or general vision quality.
Wavefront is a custom(individualized) treatment technique that aims to increase the vision quality better than a standard laser treatment. Certain light waves are sent to the eye and they reflect from retina. With this reflection the treatment can be planned. In this way your eye can be analyzed as a whole in order to detect if there is any other elements that may cause a loss of vision besides myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism. It allows us to fix “hidden” problems that can not be detected with standard laser treatment.
Re-shaping the cornea in order to eliminate all the corneal aberrations allow the patient to have a better resolution and better sense of contrast. In this way the patient can have the “maximum performance” from his/her eyes.
i-Lasik treatment is the same as a standard LASIK treatment with all its pre and post operation stages.
After an iLASIK treatment, results below +/- 0,50 are considered as successful and the patient does not need to wear glasses anymore.
Am I suitable for iLASIK?
Those who are above the age of 18 and have not experienced a change of eye prescription are candidates for i-Lasik. However, in order to make sure, it is recommended to have a full examination by your doctor to see if you can have it.
For an eye laser treatment, it is important to evaluate the thickness, curve and biomechanical strength of cornea and to examine to see if there is any additional vision disorders such as keratoconus, cataract or dry eye. Also, it is very important to see if there is strabismus or any damage in retina which may be an obstacle for the operation. In order to perform an i-Lasik treatment, the visual acuity numbers should be below +10,0 for Myopia, +6,0 for Astigmatism and -6,0 for Hypermetropia.
Who can not have an iLASIK treatment?
- Those who have corneal disorders such as keratoconus, corneal dystrophy (genetic disorder in which abnormal material often accumulates in cornea) etc.
- Those who do not have the enough thickness of corneal tissue
- Those who have advanced dry eye
- Those who have glaucoma
Before and after iLASIK treatment
Before the procedure, the patient should not put any make-up on. Since it is performed under topical anesthesia (analgesic eye drop), patient can eat before and after the procedure.
It is recommended to stop using hard contact lenses 2 weeks before, and soft lenses 1 week before the procedure. If there is any general discomfort in eyes, the doctor should be informed beforehand. The procedure takes nearly 10-15 minutes. After the procedure it is normal to feel burning, watering, aching and to have a blurry vision. You should use the protective glasses and eye drops that will be prescribed by us. The day after the procedure we will perform a check-up and then you will be able to return home.
Table of Contents
- iLASIK in astigmatism treatment
- Am I suitable for iLASIK?
- Who can not have an iLASIK treatment?
- Before and after iLASIK treatment
- iLASIK Cost
- iLASIK Reviews
- iLASIK Questions
- What are the main symptoms of eye disorders?
- Will I have a brand new vision after laser treatment? Is there a possibility of having vision problems again after the treatment?
- Is it painful after laser eye surgery?
- Is it true that laser eye surgeries cause dry eye?
- Is is true that laser can not solve astigmatism?
- Is it possible to have a second laser eye surgery?
- How to decide which laser technique is the best?
One of our patient coordinators will sincerely answer any questions you want to ask about iLASIK. iLASIK details, cost, reviews from other patients who performed iLASIK surgery in Turkey before and results. Do not hesitate to ask all you want to know about iLASIK surgery.
Cost of iLASIK operation depending on various factors. Such as the experience of the doctor who will perform the iLASIK operation, and the hospital equipment. In the table below, you can see the comparison of the price of iLASIK operation between Turkey and other countries (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Spain, Poland, Mexico).
|Country||Cost of iLASIK|
|Turkey||$400 - $800 per eye|
|United States of America||$1000 - $4000 per eye|
|United Kingdom||$1200 - $4800 per eye|
|Czech Republic||$800 - $3200 per eye|
|Poland||$700 - $3000 per eye|
|Mexico||$800 - $3000 per eye|
|Italy||$1250 - $3750 per eye|
As can be seen price comparison table iLASIK operation cost in Turkey starting from $400 per eye and it's 60% more economical comparing with the prices in USA, United Kingdom and Europe. The cost of laser eye surgery in Turkey is lower than in the UK, USA and Europe, but the low operating costs does not mean that the quality of medical service is low quality. For this reason iLASIK one of most popular surgery in Turkey and nearly 40.000 iLASIK surgeries are performed in a year.
The main reasons why patients choose Turkey to have iLASIK surgery:
- All Inclusive Package Price: The most important criteria that people who want to have a iLASIK operation look for and want in terms of price is clarity. Turkey has a price advantage compared to Europe, America or UK with its quality treatment, accommodation, transfer services and all-inclusive price. As TravelMEDI, we would like to remind you that within the iLASIK treatment, treatment costs (such as surgeon fee, medication fee, equipment fees, hospital fee, test fee), accommodation fee, transfer fees between the hospital and the hotel or the airport and the hotel are included in the operation price.
- High Level Healthcare System: Turkey was one of the rare countries that did not experience a crisis in the health system even during the pandemic period, because it has large-scale and systematic health institutions (hospitals, number of experienced doctors, private clinics, well-equipped nurses and assistants). As TravelMEDI, we offer our patients the maximum health service at the most affordable prices in cooperation with experienced specialist doctors and highly equipped hospitals.
Reviews of our patients who prefer TravelMEDI for iLASIK operation around the world and their iLASIK experience.
I recently consulted TravelMEDI about a myopia treatment. I was really impressed with the team's expertise and knowledge. They were able to provide me with a number of options that suited my needs perfectly.
The femto lasik procedure was performed by the team with great precision and care. The results were excellent, and I now have 20/20 vision without any glasses or contacts. I would definitely recommend TravelMEDI to anyone looking for a myopia treatment that is safe, effective, and affordable.
I suffer from astigmatism and have been considering corrective eye surgery for some time. I was very impressed by the various treatments and procedures that TravelMEDI offers.
iLASIK procedure is by far the most popular option and It's a relatively simple and safe procedure that requires just a few minutes of surgery. Afterward, you can go about your day as normal without any pain or discomfort.
Agata Ó S.
I must say that I'm extremely happy with service I've received. The team is professional and courteous, and they take their time to listen to your concerns and answer all your questions.The cataract treatment I underwent was life-changing. I no longer have to worry about blurry vision or discomfort from wearing glasses. My vision has improved dramatically, and I can finally see clearly without them. I highly recommend TravelMEDI to anyone who is looking for a top-quality