Beard Transplant General Overview
Duration of Intervention
Return to Social Life
Return to Work
Sports Activity Recovery
Average Pain After 3 Days
*Pain rating scale: from 0 = absence to 5 maximum pain
Beard plays a big role in men’s appearance. It has become widely popular as a result of the success in hair transplant procedures. It can be performed in order to increase the density of a patchy beard, or to provide a full beard.
There may be numerous reasons of not having beard such as genetics, physical traumas, scars or burning. For these problems, beard transplant is a permanent solution.
How is beard transplant performed?
The medical protocol is the same as a hair transplant procedure. Certain amount of follicles are extracted from your donor area (area between your ears, also called occipital) and they are implanted into the pre-designed beard or mustache area. FUE method is utilized which consists of extraction and implantation of the follicles one by one. The hair in the back of the head resembles to the beard, which provides a successful natural result.
The incision (canal) part of the procedure is very important. The incisions are made in an angle and direction that imitates the original beard, so the patient can have a natural looking beard.
The number of grafts depends on your actual condition. If you have a patchy beard that needs to be denser, around 1000-1500 grafts may be enough, on the other hand in order to provide a full beard one can need around 4000-5000 grafts.
How is the process after a beard transplant?
It is pretty much the same as a hair transplant. There are a few important steps to follow. You should avoid facial expressions for 3 days and try to consume liquid or soft foods in order to protect the newly implanted grafts. It is also very important to sleep on your back, so the grafts are not dislodged.
Another important thing is the special washing regimen of your beard for 10 days, which will be explained to you with all its details by our medical team.
It is not recommended to cut or trim the implanted beard during the healing process, as it can create damage. Usually this process takes 3 to 6 months, but do not hesitate to contact with your doctor to have her idea if you want to shave or trim your beard. If you follow the important steps for aftercare, you can easily have a successful result.
What should I consider to choose a clinic?
The first thing to do is to find out if the clinic that you consult has a proper medical doctor or not. In order to avoid all the risks of complications, it should be performed in a well equipped clinic under supervision of doctor with an expert team.
In our clinic, all of the hair transplant procedures are carried out under supervision of our Dermatologist Dr. Oyku Celen in her own clinic who is also the co-founder of our company. She personally realizes the consultation and makes the planning of the procedure with the patient. While her expert team performs the surgery, she is present in the operation theatre and supervises each and every step to provide the best result possible.
Beard transplant is a surgical procedure. For this reason one should know that:
Beard transplantation should be carried out under supervision of a plastic surgeon or dermatologist.
There is not such specialty as “Hair Transplant Specialists” in Turkey, neither in any other country. Many clinics claim they have these “specialists” who are not even doctors in reality. These personel are either nurses, or people that do not have any medical background. For this reason, you should know the doctor well. Even if it is a procedure that only requires local anesthesia, only a doctor can know how to handle such possible complications. On the other hand, the ambient and equipment is also very important. It should be performed in a well equipped and sterilized operation rooms.
Table of Contents
- Beard Transplant
- How is beard transplant performed?
- How is the process after a beard transplant?
- What should I consider to choose a clinic?
- Beard Transplant Cost
- Beard Transplant Before-After Results
- Beard Transplant Reviews
- Beard Transplant Questions
- Does beard transplant cause any effect or loss of my native beard?
- What should I do before my beard transplant?
- Can I have completely unnoticeable and natural results?
- How many sessions should I get?
- How many grafts should be transplanted?
- When can I see my results after beard transplant?
- Is it possible to transplant hair and beard at once?
- Can any scar be left in the donor area after the procedure?
- What should I do after beard transplant?
- What should I consider before getting beard transplant quotation?
- What is the difference between Sapphire FUE and DHI?
- Why DHI method is better?
One of our patient coordinators will sincerely answer any questions you want to ask about Beard Transplant. Beard Transplant details, cost, reviews from other patients who performed Beard Transplant surgery in Turkey before and results. Do not hesitate to ask all you want to know about Beard Transplant surgery.
Beard Transplant Cost
Cost of Beard Transplant operation depending on various factors. Such as the beard transplant techniques (FUE, DHI), the experience of the doctor who will perform the Beard Transplant operation, and the hospital equipment. In the table below, you can see the comparison of the price of Beard Transplant operation between Turkey and other countries (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Spain, Poland, Mexico).
|Country||Cost of Beard Transplant|
|Turkey||$1250 - $4000|
|United States of America||$6000 - $10000|
|United Kingdom||$5000 - $12000|
|Czech Republic||$3500 - $6500|
|Poland||$4500 - $7000|
|Mexico||$3000 - $5500|
|Italy||$5500 - $8500|
As can be seen price comparison table Beard Transplant operation cost in Turkey starting from $1250 and it's 60% more economical comparing with the prices in USA, United Kingdom and Europe. The cost of hair transplantation in Turkey is lower than in the UK, USA and Europe, but the low operating costs does not mean that the quality of medical service is low quality. For this reason Beard Transplant one of most popular surgery in Turkey and nearly 40.000 Beard Transplant surgeries are performed in a year.
The main reasons why patients choose Turkey to have Beard Transplant surgery:
- All Inclusive Package Price: The most important criteria that people who want to have a Beard Transplant operation look for and want in terms of price is clarity. Turkey has a price advantage compared to Europe, America or UK with its quality treatment, accommodation, transfer services and all-inclusive price. As TravelMEDI, we would like to remind you that within the Beard Transplant treatment, treatment costs (such as surgeon fee, medication fee, equipment fees, hospital fee, test fee), accommodation fee, transfer fees between the hospital and the hotel or the airport and the hotel are included in the operation price.
- High Level Healthcare System: Turkey was one of the rare countries that did not experience a crisis in the health system even during the pandemic period, because it has large-scale and systematic health institutions (hospitals, number of experienced doctors, private clinics, well-equipped nurses and assistants). As TravelMEDI, we offer our patients the maximum health service at the most affordable prices in cooperation with experienced specialist doctors and highly equipped hospitals.
Beard Transplant Before-After Results
Some of those who has preferred TravelMEDI to have a new beginning to their life by having a Beard Transplant procedure in Istanbul, Turkey.
Beard Transplant Reviews
Reviews of our patients who prefer TravelMEDI for Beard Transplant operation around the world and their Beard Transplant experience.
Most Popular and Frequently Asked
Beard Transplant Questions
- Size of recipient area
- Capacity of donor area
- Quality and density of native beard