Breast Implants General Overview
Duration of Intervention
Return to Social Life
Return to Work
Sports Activity Recovery
Average Pain After 3 Days
*Pain rating scale: from 0 = absence to 5 maximum pain
Silicone is one of the most suitable materials for human body. There are 3 types of silicone implants such as solid, gel and liquid implants. Liquid implants were banned in 1996 due to its high risks.
One type of silicone implants is that has silicone outer surface and filled with physiological saline solution inside. The other type of silicone implant is that have gel compound inside. Those that have physiological saline solution may lose certain amount of volume through time. Whereas gel filled silicone implants do not lose that much volume. Recently “cohesive gel” filled implants have become very popular which do not lose any volume nor shape.
Breast implants types
Breast implants can be divided into different categories in terms of their features:
- In terms of shape
- Teardrop (anatomical)
Round implants have the same diameter in the upper and lower surfaces. Whereas teardrop implants have shorter diameter in the upper surface, that is the exact reason why it is called anatomical implants as they resemble to a natural breast shape.
- Silicone compound
- Physiological solution (saline)
In terms of material there are two types of implants. Silicone gel filled and physiological saline solution filled versions.
- Silk coated
In terms of texture they can be divided in three such as textured, smooth and silk surfaced. Textured implants are less likely to have a capsular contracture than the smooth surfaced implants. Silk surfaced implants are even less likely to have a capsular contracture than the textured ones.
The most preferred implant sizes are between 250-375cc. The most widely used implant brands are Mentor, Motiva, Mc Ghan and Natrella. Even though each brand has its own features, we usually recommend Motiva or Mentor brands to our patients. After the operation you will be handed a certificate of these brands.
Why should I choose teardrop (Anatomical) implants?
The type of prosthesis that will be preferred in breast augmentation surgeries is related to the expectations of the patient surgeon’s recommendations. Main reasons to choose the teardrop implants can be listed as follows;
- Those who would like to have a teardrop shaped breasts rather than a normal round shaped breasts can prefer it.
- Those who are underweight may prefer teardrop implants in order to avoid an unnatural transition of round implants in the upper part of chest.
- Those who have sagging nipples or sagging breast skin may choose teardrop implants in order to support and stretch the skin with a natural curve.
Why should I choose round implants?
As mentioned above, the type of implant that will be preferred in breast enlargement surgery is related to the expectations of the person and the opinions and recommendations of the doctor. Main reasons to choose round implants can be listed as follows;
- Those who do sports such as swimming, ski, surfing etc. can prefer round implants as teardrop implants are likely to move and create an asymmetry with physical effort. Round implants are not affected by physical movement and can hold their place.
- If the patient would like to have a breast lifting(mastopexia) operation, he/she can choose round implants so it can fill more space under the skin and the skin can adapt easier after the procedure
Table of Contents
- Breast Implants
- Breast implants types
- Why should I choose teardrop (Anatomical) implants?
- Why should I choose round implants?
- Breast Implants Cost
- Breast Implants Before-After Results
- Breast Implants Reviews
- Breast Implants Questions
- How long do breast implants last?
- Do breast implants cause cancer?
- Will I have to replace my breast implants?
- How do I choose the right breast implant size and shape?
- Is it painful after the placement of breast implants?
- Is it possible to have mammography with breast implants on?
- Can I breastfeed with breast implants?
- Is it possible to feel the implant by hand, can it be affected by pressure or movement?
One of our patient coordinators will sincerely answer any questions you want to ask about Breast Implants. Breast Implants details, cost, reviews from other patients who performed Breast Implants surgery in Turkey before and results. Do not hesitate to ask all you want to know about Breast Implants surgery.
Breast Implants Cost
Cost of Breast Implants surgery depending on various factors. Such as the silicon brands (FDA approved implants such as Mentor,Motiva or other implants), the experience of the doctor who will perform the Breast Implants operation, and the hospital equipment. In the table below, you can see the comparison of the price of Breast Implants operation between Turkey and other countries (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Spain, Poland, Mexico).
|Country||Cost of Breast Implants|
|Turkey||$2150 - $3500|
|United States of America||$5500 - $17500|
|United Kingdom||$6000 - $13500|
|Czech Republic||$4250 - $7000|
|Poland||$3750 - $6750|
|Mexico||$3750 - $6200|
|Italy||$6000 - $9000|
As can be seen price comparison table Breast Implants surgery cost in Turkey starting from $2150 and it's 60% more economical comparing with the prices in USA, United Kingdom and Europe. The cost of plastic surgery in Turkey is lower than in the UK, USA and Europe, but the low operating costs does not mean that the quality of medical service is low quality. For this reason Breast Implants one of most popular surgery in Turkey and nearly 40.000 Breast Implants surgeries are performed in a year.
The main reasons why patients choose Turkey to have Breast Implants surgery:
- All Inclusive Package Price: The most important criteria that people who want to have a Breast Implants operation look for and want in terms of price is clarity. Turkey has a price advantage compared to Europe, America or UK with its quality treatment, accommodation, transfer services and all-inclusive price. As TravelMEDI, we would like to remind you that within the Breast Implants treatment, treatment costs (such as surgeon fee, medication fee, equipment fees, hospital fee, test fee), accommodation fee, transfer fees between the hospital and the hotel or the airport and the hotel are included in the operation price.
- High Level Healthcare System: Turkey was one of the rare countries that did not experience a crisis in the health system even during the pandemic period, because it has large-scale and systematic health institutions (hospitals, number of experienced doctors, private clinics, well-equipped nurses and assistants). As TravelMEDI, we offer our patients the maximum health service at the most affordable prices in cooperation with experienced specialist doctors and highly equipped hospitals.
Breast Implants Before-After Results
Some of those who has preferred TravelMEDI to have a new beginning to their life by having a Breast Implants procedure in Istanbul, Turkey.
Breast Implants Reviews
Reviews of our patients who prefer TravelMEDI for Breast Implants operation around the world and their Breast Implants experience.
"My experience with TravelMEDI was amazing!!! Berat, the assistant, was so helpful and answered all my questions. And everyone was so nice and helpful. I really love them, I would do it 100 times over."
"All the nurses and staff made me feel comfortable. Everyone was extremely helpful. They knew exactly what they were doing and did it in a timely manner. and they make the process seamless. I can’t describe it better than that. They were all awesome."
"From start to finish excellent, Berat was first class and always on hand if I needed and doctor did an incredible job. She is without doubt highly skilled but also had a great energy about her, I couldn’t recommend them enough."