Breast Augmentation General Overview
Duration of Intervention
Return to Social Life
Return to Work
Sports Activity Recovery
Average Pain After 3 Days
*Pain rating scale: from 0 = absence to 5 maximum pain
Breast augmentation, also known as breast enlargement is one of the most preferred plastic surgeries amongst women. Breast plays a big role in a females appearance although its main role is to breastfeed. For those who are not happy with the look of their breasts and feel insecure about it, breast augmentation is a good option to go.
In what cases can breast augmentation be performed?
For women who think their breasts are small, breast enlargement surgery can be performed to correct the body proportion, especially hip-to-chest ratio. After pregnancy breast augmentation can be performed as the breasts shrink during the pregnancy. (In some cases sagging may occur and for those cases breast lift can be preferred.)
- If there is an asymmetry in the size of breasts, enlargement can be preferred. (It is very normal to have slight asymmetry but if the patient is not happy, with breast augmentation their sizes can be matched.)
- In some cases it can be performed in order to reconstruct breasts. (After breast cancer, inherently lack of breast tissue etc.)
- Protesis implants that had been placed before can be worn down or a complication may occur inside the breast, in this case another breast augmentation surgery can be performed.
What are the techniques for breast augmentation surgery?
There are two main techniques to perform a breast augmentation surgery:
- Breast augmentation with fat transfer
- Breast augmentation with silicon implant
Breast augmentation with fat injection
Breast enlargement with fat injection is widely preferred by those who do not want to have silicone protesis. In order to perform this technique, patient has to have excess body fat, which will be removed by Liposuction in order to be injected in the breasts. Once extracted the body fat with liposuction, it is centrifuged and separated. The useful part of the separated fat is injected into the breast. This centrifuged body fat is rich in mother cells and when it is injected, it has a positive effect in improving the skin quality.
Within time, as injected fat can be absorbed, the effect of fat injection may decrease. It can not be performed for every type of breast. Patient needs to have excess fat to be extracted and if he/she wants to have elevated breasts, fat injection is not the most ideal technique. For this reason, silicon implants are more popular for a solid breast enlargement.
Breast augmentation with implants
Breast implants, also known as silicone protesis, are divided into a few categories according to their shapes, sizes and materials.
How are breast implants placed?
- Periareolar: A thin incision around areola can heal very easily, however breast milk ducts can be cut.
- Inframammary Incision: Incision is made under the breast and the scar cannot be noticed.
- Transaxillary: An incision made to the axilla (armpit) to place the implants with endoscope without producing visible scars on the breast.
- Transabdominal: An incision made to the abdomen and the implant is placed endoscopically.
Each placement method has its own pros and cons. Your surgeon, after an examination, will inform you about the method that suits your body.
Healing process after breast augmentation surgery
Breast implant procedure takes nearly 1-2 hours. Patient can be discharged on the surgery day or the day after. It is necessary to rest for 2 days. Patients do not have so much pain, but a rare feeling of having a filled breast may bother until the patient gets used to it. First two days patient can have slight swelling, but this swelling reduces within time. If the implant was placed beneath the muscle, movement can cause slight pain during the first few days. A small bandage is placed onto the incision and patient wears a sports bra onto this bandage to apply pressure. 3 days after the surgery patient can take a shower without removing the bandage. Patient should wear the sports bra for a month. In 3-4 days patient can go back to normal life. Patient should keep away from physical activities for 2 months in order to avoid any possible damage caused by movement.
Table of Contents
- Breast Augmentation
- In what cases can breast augmentation be performed?
- What are the techniques for breast augmentation surgery?
- Breast augmentation with fat injection
- Breast augmentation with implants
- How are breast implants placed?
- Healing process after breast augmentation surgery
- Breast Augmentation Cost
- Breast Augmentation Before-After Results
- Breast Augmentation Reviews
- Breast Augmentation Questions
- Can I breastfeed after breast augmentation with implants?
- Will there be a scar after beast augmentation surgery?
- At what age can one have breast augmentation?
- Can breast lift be done along with breast augmentation surgery?
- Is it possible to combine different plastic surgeries with breast augmentation?
- When can I wear underwire bra after breast augmentation surgery?
- Would I have numb sensation in my breasts?
- Is smoking bad for healing process?
One of our patient coordinators will sincerely answer any questions you want to ask about Breast Augmentation. Breast Augmentation details, cost, reviews from other patients who performed Breast Augmentation surgery in Turkey before and results. Do not hesitate to ask all you want to know about Breast Augmentation surgery.
Breast Augmentation Cost
Cost of Breast Augmentation surgery depending on various factors. Such as the breast augmentation operation technique (breast augmentation with fat transfer or silicon protesis),If breast augmentation will be performed with a silicone implant than silicon brand such as mentor, motiva, the experience of the doctor who will perform the Breast Augmentation operation, and the hospital equipment. In the table below, you can see the comparison of the price of Breast Augmentation operation between Turkey and other countries (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Spain, Poland, Mexico).
|Country||Cost of Breast Augmentation|
|Turkey||$2800 - $4200|
|United States of America||$8500 - $14500|
|United Kingdom||$7500 - $10500|
|Czech Republic||$3500 - $8000|
|Poland||$3700 - $6500|
|Mexico||$3750 - $6600|
|Italy||$6500 - $9600|
As can be seen price comparison table Breast Augmentation operation cost in Turkey starting from $2800 and it's 60% more economical comparing with the prices in USA, United Kingdom and Europe. The cost of plastic surgery in Turkey is lower than in the UK, USA and Europe, but the low operating costs does not mean that the quality of medical service is low quality. For this reason Breast Augmentation one of most popular surgery in Turkey and nearly 40.000 Breast Augmentation surgeries are performed in a year.
The main reasons why patients choose Turkey to have Breast Augmentation surgery:
- All Inclusive Package Price: The most important criteria that people who want to have a Breast Augmentation operation look for and want in terms of price is clarity. Turkey has a price advantage compared to Europe, America or UK with its quality treatment, accommodation, transfer services and all-inclusive price. As TravelMEDI, we would like to remind you that within the Breast Augmentation treatment, treatment costs (such as surgeon fee, medication fee, equipment fees, hospital fee, test fee), accommodation fee, transfer fees between the hospital and the hotel or the airport and the hotel are included in the operation price.
- High Level Healthcare System: Turkey was one of the rare countries that did not experience a crisis in the health system even during the pandemic period, because it has large-scale and systematic health institutions (hospitals, number of experienced doctors, private clinics, well-equipped nurses and assistants). As TravelMEDI, we offer our patients the maximum health service at the most affordable prices in cooperation with experienced specialist doctors and highly equipped hospitals.
Breast Augmentation Before-After Results
Some of those who has preferred TravelMEDI to have a new beginning to their life by having a Breast Augmentation procedure in Istanbul, Turkey.
Breast Augmentation Reviews
Reviews of our patients who prefer TravelMEDI for Breast Augmentation operation around the world and their Breast Augmentation experience.
"My experience with TravelMEDI was amazing!!! Berat, the assistant, was so helpful and answered all my questions. And everyone was so nice and helpful. I really love them, I would do it 100 times over."
"All the nurses and staff made me feel comfortable. Everyone was extremely helpful. They knew exactly what they were doing and did it in a timely manner. and they make the process seamless. I can’t describe it better than that. They were all awesome."
"From start to finish excellent, Berat was first class and always on hand if I needed and doctor did an incredible job. She is without doubt highly skilled but also had a great energy about her, I couldn’t recommend them enough."