LASIK / PRK / LASEK
Treatments of vision disorders such as myopia, hypermetropia and astigmatism with excimer laser have been widely known in medicine. Millions of patients have been treated with this method since 1980s. In laser treatments, no tissue removal is made in the eye. Cornea is re-shaped by ablation which is a method of vaporization.
LASIK method consists of making a small opening a flap on the upper surface of cornea and adjusting the vision ability with excimer laser.
There are different variations of LASIK treatment:
- LASIK: Performed with a microkeratome flap.
- FEMTO LASIK: Corneal flap is done by femtosecond laser. Click for more information
- iLASIK: It can be called iDesign Lasik, Wavefront Lasik or A-CAT Lasik. With the help of an aberrometry device, it can detect not only the distance vision problems, but also minor problems that other techniques can not. All the disorders can be fixed and the patient can have a much better vision in general. Once you have a consultation with your doctor, you can find out whether you are suitable or not
PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
If a patient suffers from myopia, hypermetropia or astigmatism but does not have the sufficient thickness of cornea to have a LASIK treatment, PRK is one of the solutions.
The upper surface of cornea which is called epithelium is folded and excimer laser is applied to the inner surface. As there is no flap made onto the cornea, a protective contact lens is located on the cornea. Obtaining the results can take longer than a LASIK treatment – around 3-4 weeks. 2 to 4 days after the procedure can be slightly painful due to the healing process of epithelium. In a classical LASIK surgery, corneal flap is opened, whereas in PRK surgery the epithelium tissue is scraped and folded.
It is performed in patients that do not have enough thickness of cornea. It may resemble to PRK treatment, but in this technique the epithelium is elevated with thinned alcohol solution and then laser is applied. As there is not any incision made in the epithelium, pain level is lower than PRK, but having the results take longer than a LASIK procedure.
This technique is another alternative to PRK and LASEK. The only difference is that a special device that is called epikeratome is utilized to elevate the epithelium. Pain is much lower than PRK and LASEK, and the healing process is shorter.
There are numerous techniques in eye treatments. Your doctor will recommend the best technique to you in the consultation after making an eye analysis.
Table of Contents
- LASIK / PRK / LASEK
- PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
- LASIK / PRK / LASEK Cost
- LASIK / PRK / LASEK Reviews
- LASIK / PRK / LASEK Questions
- What are the main symptoms of eye disorders?
- Will I have a brand new vision after laser treatment? Is there a possibility of having vision problems again after the treatment?
- Is it painful after laser eye surgery?
- Is it true that laser eye surgeries cause dry eye?
- Is is true that laser can not solve astigmatism?
- Is it possible to have a second laser eye surgery?
- How to decide which laser technique is the best?
One of our patient coordinators will sincerely answer any questions you want to ask about LASIK / PRK / LASEK. LASIK / PRK / LASEK details, cost, reviews from other patients who performed LASIK / PRK / LASEK surgery in Turkey before and results. Do not hesitate to ask all you want to know about LASIK / PRK / LASEK surgery.
LASIK / PRK / LASEK Cost
Cost of LASIK / PRK / LASEK operation depending on various factors. Such as the experience of the doctor who will perform the LASIK / PRK / LASEK operation, and the hospital equipment. In the table below, you can see the comparison of the price of LASIK / PRK / LASEK operation between Turkey and other countries (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Spain, Poland, Mexico).
|Country||Cost of LASIK / PRK / LASEK|
|Turkey||$400 - $800 per eye|
|United States of America||$1000 - $4000 per eye|
|United Kingdom||$1200 - $4800 per eye|
|Czech Republic||$800 - $3200 per eye|
|Poland||$700 - $3000 per eye|
|Mexico||$800 - $3000 per eye|
|Italy||$1250 - $3750 per eye|
As can be seen price comparison table LASIK / PRK / LASEK operation cost in Turkey starting from $400 per eye and it's 60% more economical comparing with the prices in USA, United Kingdom and Europe. The cost of laser eye surgery in Turkey is lower than in the UK, USA and Europe, but the low operating costs does not mean that the quality of medical service is low quality. For this reason LASIK / PRK / LASEK one of most popular surgery in Turkey and nearly 40.000 LASIK / PRK / LASEK surgeries are performed in a year.
The main reasons why patients choose Turkey to have LASIK / PRK / LASEK surgery:
- All Inclusive Package Price: The most important criteria that people who want to have a LASIK / PRK / LASEK operation look for and want in terms of price is clarity. Turkey has a price advantage compared to Europe, America or UK with its quality treatment, accommodation, transfer services and all-inclusive price. As TravelMEDI, we would like to remind you that within the LASIK / PRK / LASEK treatment, treatment costs (such as surgeon fee, medication fee, equipment fees, hospital fee, test fee), accommodation fee, transfer fees between the hospital and the hotel or the airport and the hotel are included in the operation price.
- High Level Healthcare System: Turkey was one of the rare countries that did not experience a crisis in the health system even during the pandemic period, because it has large-scale and systematic health institutions (hospitals, number of experienced doctors, private clinics, well-equipped nurses and assistants). As TravelMEDI, we offer our patients the maximum health service at the most affordable prices in cooperation with experienced specialist doctors and highly equipped hospitals.
LASIK / PRK / LASEK Reviews
Reviews of our patients who prefer TravelMEDI for LASIK / PRK / LASEK operation around the world and their LASIK / PRK / LASEK experience.
I recently consulted TravelMEDI about a myopia treatment. I was really impressed with the team's expertise and knowledge. They were able to provide me with a number of options that suited my needs perfectly.
The femto lasik procedure was performed by the team with great precision and care. The results were excellent, and I now have 20/20 vision without any glasses or contacts. I would definitely recommend TravelMEDI to anyone looking for a myopia treatment that is safe, effective, and affordable.
I suffer from astigmatism and have been considering corrective eye surgery for some time. I was very impressed by the various treatments and procedures that TravelMEDI offers.
iLASIK procedure is by far the most popular option and It's a relatively simple and safe procedure that requires just a few minutes of surgery. Afterward, you can go about your day as normal without any pain or discomfort.
Agata Ó S.
I must say that I'm extremely happy with service I've received. The team is professional and courteous, and they take their time to listen to your concerns and answer all your questions.The cataract treatment I underwent was life-changing. I no longer have to worry about blurry vision or discomfort from wearing glasses. My vision has improved dramatically, and I can finally see clearly without them. I highly recommend TravelMEDI to anyone who is looking for a top-quality