Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses
Some people may be nearsighted and farsighted at the same time, which is completely normal and they use different glasses or one pair of glasses for both problems. Multifocal lenses allow us to see both near and far distances.
These lenses have circles inside which help the light to be reflected in a right angle to see well. In this treatment it is important to be a suitable candidate. It is essential to understand the expectation of the patient, whether seeing near or far distance is more important. Another advantage of this procedure is that if the patient has cataract, it is possible to fix both vision and cataract problems in the same procedure.
What type of lens should I choose?
In cataract surgeries, the lenses are different and they are used according to the treatment plan. The artificial lense placed inside the eye is for a lifetime for the patient, therefore it is important to take into consideration all the information given by your doctor.
What are the features of in-eye lenses?
We can divide these lenses used for cataract surgery in 3 types:
- Monofocal: The name derives from “one focus” which means it allows you to see only far distance. If you are farsighted, you would need to wear glasses to see near distance with these lenses.
- Multifocal: It is also called bifocal lenses and it allows you to see both near and far distances. It does not fix middle distance vision – between 40cm and 2 meters.
- Trifocal: They have been the most popular choice amongst all. These have three focus points which allow you to see near, middle and far distances.
How is the post-op process after multifocal or trifocal lens procedure?
It is suitable for those who have cataract problem, or who are not suitable candidate for laser treatment for vision problems. The surgery protocol is the same as a cataract surgery.
It takes 10 minutes for each eye. During the operation you do not feel any pain at all. According to the treatment plan, multifocal or trifocal lenses are placed inside the eyes.
After your smart lens procedure you do not need to stay in the hospital. Two eyes should be operated separately with an internval of 4-5 days in order to eliminate the risk of any infection. During the early stages you can see some halos but through time they disappear with neuroadaptation.
The day after the procedure a post-op consultation is needed. You should use the prescribed eye drops regularly.
During the first week you should not sleep on your face, wash your eyes, use any cream or make-up. We recommend you to wash your hair by bending your head forward. It is also recommended to use sunglasses or optical glasses. You can walk, but physical activities that require high effort are not recommended.
There are some important criterias in deciding which lens is the best to use; for example yellow spot (macula) or corneal diseases can be obstacle to have smart lenses. Your doctor will inform you about all the details.
Table of Contents
- Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses
- What type of lens should I choose?
- What are the features of in-eye lenses?
- How is the post-op process after multifocal or trifocal lens procedure?
- Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses Cost
- Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses Reviews
- Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses Questions
- Can I have cataract or other eye surgery after my laser treatment?
- Will I have to use glasses after cataract surgery?
- Do I need to lose the most of my vision to have cataract surgery?
- Do I need to have general anesthesia during my cataract surgery?
- Can I have laser eye surgery after my cataract surgery?
- Is it certain that I will not have to use glasses if I have multifocal lenses?
- Can I drive after having smart lenses (trifocal lenses)?
One of our patient coordinators will sincerely answer any questions you want to ask about Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses. Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses details, cost, reviews from other patients who performed Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses surgery in Turkey before and results. Do not hesitate to ask all you want to know about Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses surgery.
Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses Cost
Cost of Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses operation depending on various factors. Such as the experience of the doctor who will perform the Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses operation, and the hospital equipment. In the table below, you can see the comparison of the price of Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses operation between Turkey and other countries (USA, Canada, UK, Italy, Spain, Poland, Mexico).
|Country||Cost of Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses|
|Turkey||$1250 - $2750|
|United States of America||$3200 - $6500|
|United Kingdom||$3900 - $8800|
|Czech Republic||$2250 - $4750|
|Poland||$2000 - $3750|
|Mexico||$2700 - $5500|
|Italy||$3500 - $8000|
As can be seen price comparison table Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses operation cost in Turkey starting from $1250 per eye and it's 60% more economical comparing with the prices in USA, United Kingdom and Europe. The cost of laser eye surgery in Turkey is lower than in the UK, USA and Europe, but the low operating costs does not mean that the quality of medical service is low quality. For this reason Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses one of most popular surgery in Turkey and nearly 40.000 Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses surgeries are performed in a year.
The main reasons why patients choose Turkey to have Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses surgery:
- All Inclusive Package Price: The most important criteria that people who want to have a Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses operation look for and want in terms of price is clarity. Turkey has a price advantage compared to Europe, America or UK with its quality treatment, accommodation, transfer services and all-inclusive price. As TravelMEDI, we would like to remind you that within the Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses treatment, treatment costs (such as surgeon fee, medication fee, equipment fees, hospital fee, test fee), accommodation fee, transfer fees between the hospital and the hotel or the airport and the hotel are included in the operation price.
- High Level Healthcare System: Turkey was one of the rare countries that did not experience a crisis in the health system even during the pandemic period, because it has large-scale and systematic health institutions (hospitals, number of experienced doctors, private clinics, well-equipped nurses and assistants). As TravelMEDI, we offer our patients the maximum health service at the most affordable prices in cooperation with experienced specialist doctors and highly equipped hospitals.
Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses Reviews
Reviews of our patients who prefer TravelMEDI for Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses operation around the world and their Multifocal / Trifocal Lenses experience.
I recently consulted TravelMEDI about a myopia treatment. I was really impressed with the team's expertise and knowledge. They were able to provide me with a number of options that suited my needs perfectly.
The femto lasik procedure was performed by the team with great precision and care. The results were excellent, and I now have 20/20 vision without any glasses or contacts. I would definitely recommend TravelMEDI to anyone looking for a myopia treatment that is safe, effective, and affordable.
I suffer from astigmatism and have been considering corrective eye surgery for some time. I was very impressed by the various treatments and procedures that TravelMEDI offers.
iLASIK procedure is by far the most popular option and It's a relatively simple and safe procedure that requires just a few minutes of surgery. Afterward, you can go about your day as normal without any pain or discomfort.
Agata Ó S.
I must say that I'm extremely happy with service I've received. The team is professional and courteous, and they take their time to listen to your concerns and answer all your questions.The cataract treatment I underwent was life-changing. I no longer have to worry about blurry vision or discomfort from wearing glasses. My vision has improved dramatically, and I can finally see clearly without them. I highly recommend TravelMEDI to anyone who is looking for a top-quality